Monday, May 16, 2011

Pokemon Hits and Misses part 1

I am an avid fan of Pokemon. I have played all the games except the Black and White (I'm yet to get a copy of it) and beaten them all. I've attempted to catch them and failed in every game. I'm not a pokenerd, however I do like competitive pokemon battling. There is still much I have to learn, but from what I do know, there are a few things in the pokemon world that seriously suck and somethings with are AWESOME.

This update is dedicated to that.

MISS
-Bidoof

Honestly, if people get paid to make up pokemon, the person who made this should give everyone who caught it, saw it and battled it a refund. It looks pretty terrible, its moves are pretty terrible and its name.....is so aweful it reminds me of an idiot. They should have named this pokemon "HerpaDerp".

And its evolution is even worse:






LOOK AT THIS THING! What is up with its eyebrows? Its fat and its also a water type. This is an insult to water pokemon. Its also really weak...

MISS



- Mime Jr.




There is very little I have to say about this pokemon that can't be explained just by looking at it. Its pink. It's got twiggy arms. It looks like its wearing a skirt (as is about to evolve into Mr. Mime?). It looks like its got a blue pile of poo for a hat. If that isn't enough for you to hate it, its voice on the TV show is terrible and it follows around after Team rocket. Enough said?

MISS
- Wynaut







When I first see this pokemon I see two things. It stands on balls to hold itself up (impractical and possibly painful) and it's got a MASSIVE pimple. The next thing I see is that its tail has an eye on it. Aren't pokemon supposed to be wild animals? if so, why do Wynaut exist? It wouldn't be able to move away quickly enough to run from any kind of animal, if it tripped and fell it'd be in MASSIVE PAIN (and probably not be able to get back up again) and that eye on its tail is just waiting to be blinded. Also its blue, it would attract predators.




MISS
- Slaking







Slaking is a pokemon that supposed to be a sloth crossed with a gorilla, which in itself isn't a bad concept. However part of this pokemon's problem is its REALLY ANNOYING. Its annoying due to the fact that half of every battle you use it in it is "loafing around",which means it does NOTHING. Not only that but it evolves from one of the most pimping pokemon out there, Vigoroth. And you wanna know the most annoying thing? If it didn't sleep all the time, it'd quiet easily be the strongest normal type pokemon due to its INSANE HEALTH, INSANE attack and INCREDIBLE attack pool. But due to the fact it sleeps half the time, it's just plain stupid.



MISS
- Gulpin





Gulpin is an issue mainly cause it looks like a blob. Usually, this wouldn't be an issue, (Look at Ditto for example), but it doesn't make sense taht it can eat everything. Firstly, if you've ever seen it open its mouth, its mouth cavity takes up ALL OF THE SPACE INSIDE ITS TINY FRAME. It actually has no space for organs. Its pretty evident that its either a zombie or a freak of nature. Also, when its not eating, WHY DOES IT LOOK LIKE IT'S TRYING TO KISS SOMETHING?



MISS
- Tangrowth



Tangrowth is an issue only because its a dodgy evolution of Tangela. It grows arms? Lame! I mean Tangela was a grass type based on a vine-like GORGON! And then it grows arms, fat and stubby legs and slightly taller? Why not grow SNAKES AS ITS HAIR?!?!?!? There was so much potential for something awesome, but it turned out terrible.



JON DISAPPROVES!



MISS (kinda)
- ICECREAM POKEMON!





At first I hated this pokemon. Its an icecream. It's not a pokemon. Its actually an icecream. It doesn't even look like anything besides an icecream. And it has a face. Its an icecream with a face (Watch out, it'll bite back), so its not like its even appetising. However, once I thought about it a bit I realised something. Its actaully hilarious. Imagine training this into a killing machine and winning with it. You'd be slaughtering your opponents....WITH.. AN... ICECREAM. It would be epic. However it sucks that "Lick" isn't super effective against it.



MISS
- WooBat



Its a Furball with a love heart for a nose and two bat wings. Sorry, but this is just so rediculous I cannot accept it. You send out Woobat, I send out Charmander. What is that Woobat gonna do, LOVE ME TO DEATH? I just don't see why it was created. ITS NOT EVEN CUTE! ITS UGLY!

MISS
- IS THAT ELECTABUZZ?
So this is electabuzz's evolved form. The first problem with this is that it doesn't follow electabuzz's cool patterns. It's black stripe down the centre look pretty terrible and the black fur either side of it looks strange. the second and more important problem is WHAT THE HECK ARE THOSE THINGS COMING OUT OF ITS BACK? I think they are supposed to be electrical cables, but they look a tad too much like tenticles, which reminds me of various other things THAT SHOULDN'T BE MENTIONED, nor exist.



Thats it for now. Tell me which pokemon you hate too. :D

2 comments:

  1. There are sooo many misses I can think of, Burmy... What the hell is that anyways not to mention its sooo weak, it hardly even deserves existence. Cherubi.. since when did cherry's grow eyes and a conscience? Cherry's pathetic, also extremely weak. I don't know about you, but I was very let down by the appearance of the new Black and White starter Pokemon. Snivy, Tepig, and Oshawott. Oshawott is my favorite out of the three simply because my favorite animal is an otter :). That being said Oshawott's last evolve is Samurott.... THE FUCK IS THAT?. HORRIBLE. It looks so stupid from behind. SO..so..soo LET DOWN. Another stupid pokemon is Lillipup and it's two evolves, Herdier and Stoutland. Uhm, are they running out of ideas..? a Yorkie dog LOL, they are good for nothing in real life let alone Pokemon. Last but not least, Litwick ha..ha..ha.. This is proof, they ARE running out of ideas, now they are making inanimate objects Pokemon? a candle? seriously. Anyways there are soo many others I could have torn apart but I'll leave it at that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stumbled this while using Google for some reason, and I now this post is over 2 years old... however, I want to say some things, still.

    First I gotta say that I am one of those who doesn't hate any pokemon no matter how bad their design or concept are. there are pokemons I like less than others, but I usually try to defend every one, except for the ones who can't really be defended at all (for example... Luvdisc). So here is my defense for some of the ones you mentioned:

    Actually, the whole point of Bidoof is that it's a pokemon made derpy on purpose. Every generation has it's Rattata: a normal type found early in the game, which usually is a rodent or some furry mammal, and is made weak on purpose. Bidoof is my favorite Rattata; its look and its concept are quite funny. It looks like that because it's supposed to be goofy, and it's a hamster... hamsters do look like that and are like that anyways. Its moves and stats "are pretty terrible" because it is the Rattata of the generation, so come on! How is it that I see no Rattata complaining? And actually Bibarel is a solid UU battler and much better than Raticate. The name "Bidoof" also is a pointer that it's a purposely done derpy mon.

    Everything said to Bidoof also aplies for Bibarel, the Raticate of gen IV. Also, it's a water type because it's a beaver (plus water types are the most abundant mons of them all, so I don't see how is it an insult...). Finally, notice that its abilities are Simple and Unaware, to add to the punch. C'mon, how can you hate this guy? He is the trademark derpy Pokemon, thing that makes me impossible to hate it. Pokemon like this trully make the pokemon world and the game experience richer as not every Pokemon has to be super cool and epic, "the comic" also is one of the aesthetic categories.

    I admit Wynaut (and Wobuffet) is odd (yeah, specially Wobuffet, who I don't know what exaclty it is supposed to be), but Wynaut is not that bad. The tail is supposed to represent its shadow who somehow is alive (same as Wobuffet), don't ask, most psychic Pokemon are quite bizarre anyways (which is part of their charm, actually), However, I don't see why the hate. Wynaut isn't supposed to run away from predators (same as Wobuffet), but actually stay in place, endure every hit and counterattack, like a bouncing boxing doll, which is the concept behind this guy and its evolved form.

    Oh, also, Wobuffet and Wynaut can't actually trip and fall, and if they would ever do, they would bounce back and get back up the instant they fell, as they are based off those bouncing boxing dolls. I'm a little surprised you didn't know this...

    I agree with you that the concept of the ability "truant" is a failed attempt of Game Freaks in a try to make something interesting. The point of Slaking having such HUGE stats is that it is balanced off by it's ability, otherwise it would be unfairly strong. The concept of Slaking still is quite cool, even if it turned out to be a gimmicky Pokemon (however, a friend once trained one and knew how to use it properly, making it a "hit and run" mon, and believe me that it hitted quite hard... the thing was scary when you played against it).

    I see you not complaining of mons like Digglet, which are nothing more than a little brown blob with a nose and eyes popping out of the ground. Digglet is no better than Woobat. It has a heart shaped nose because it's supposed to represent a heart nosed bat. Also, odd you didn't list Luvdisc (which I would understand), the heart shaped pokemon who has attacks like sweet kiss and attract. Yes, that's a Pokemon even I think it's lame.

    Have a good day, sir!

    ReplyDelete