Wednesday, August 25, 2010

English texts

A little poem I wrote in my free

English texts By Jonathan Calleja

Oh teacher, teacher, tell me why,
Why does this character have to die?
Why do all our English texts,
Constantly leave me to cry?

Teacher, teacher, why is it so,
That the mother’s kids have to go?
Why does it have to be depressing,
Why do they always feel so low?

And teacher, teacher, there are many books,
With nasty brutes and interesting hooks,
With a heroic protagonist,
With dashing looks.

Can’t we read the inspiring?
Can’t we fill our minds with fun?
Why do we have to read this gloom?
And fill our minds with endless doom.

Death, destruction, misery and hate,
Completely fill our mental plate,
And when we forget, you do not think,
That, perhaps, we want it clean?

Teacher: What’s the reason for his stress?
Student: Obviously, its repressed sex.

And what is also in every text?
Every story! Filled with sex!
You know that poem about the birch tree?
Repressed homosexuality!

I’d rather fill my mind with wool,
That is warm and fuzzy and light,
Than with this cold, sorrowful, content,
You make us work on every night.

Teacher! Teacher! Listen to me!
Hear me in my desperate plea!
Please let us study a book or a play,
That doesn’t end in misery.

1 comment:

  1. Books that end in happy things
    Where everyone's made queens and kings
    Would be a just a bit of a bore
    Most people would much rather have gore.

    But yeah, I liked the bit about sex. ^^

    ReplyDelete