Thursday, April 21, 2011

Poem - The Knight and the Damsel

The Knight and the Damsel

Dear friend, dear friend,
Dear friend of mine.
Sometimes I think I know,
What's in your muddled mind.

There are times at which,
I think I see,
What you want,
And what you want of me.

But then you say "I want you"
And next you say "I'm scared"
Yet you cling to me so deperately,
Because your dream has teared?

You have a knight, a noble one,
One of grace and trust,
But his shine can't compare to mine,
And neither can his thrust.

But I don't want to duel him down.
I might have tried to, once.
But my wits are sharper than my sword,
So I lost my ignorance.

But it's not all that's gone,
Another has evolved,
As my ignorance turned to wisdom,
My love for you dissolved.

It pains me to say it,
For it is sad but true.
Now I have no more love,
I only lust for you.

I even think I told you once.
I told you I not playing that game.
But you want me to play so much,
Because the world you're in is so tame.

I'm all for satisfaction,
But this is a trap.
I'd satisfy my body, not my heart,
Where's the real stisfaction in that?

My vision that keeps me shining,
My idea of what I want to be,
Would be contradicted and destroyed,
If I fulfilled your fantasy.

I know you long for someone else,
But that someone cannot be me.
You've got filled hands, an empty heart,
But that is all you see.

No comments:

Post a Comment