Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A few thoughts and a poem

I guess you can't escape your own feelings. You can escape your distracting household. You can escape your distracting school. You can go somewhere where you have no distractions but your own thoughts. Yet it is those thoughts that distract me. So I wrote this:

I saw your face,
Gazed into your eyes,
I felt something I knew,
Quite by surprise.

But the feeling wasn't the same as before,
It was subtle, incomplete, unsure.
I didn't quite know how I felt.
It's harder to feel when sore.

There's no doubt you're pretty,
There's no doubt you're cool,
But the agony she caused me,
That break up, slow, cruel.

I'm fragmented, broken apart,
Slowly coming back to a whole,
I'm sorry if I'm strange or slow,
The past still takes its toll.

But here, there's a piece of me,
That's willing to start anew,
I'm willing to love again,
But my question is, are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment