Sunday, November 28, 2010

Late night Blogging

There is just something about the darkness of the night that helps clear/distort your thoughts. I know that sounds like a contradiction, but the fact you are alone and its silent and the world is asleep means that its literally you and your thoughts. However the creeping wave of sleep distorts your thoughts and makes your thoughts warped. As if they are no longer straight, but instead, curved. Veering off towards a different conclusion than your original one.

Needless to say. I have a question. Actually this blog is mostly about questions really, because questions and answers intrigue me. I suppose when I think most, it is because I have a question unanswered and my mind constantly works about finding an answer.

Anyway, here is my question: If I think I like someone new and they're a friend, yet I don't know them that well, should I risk asking them out?
Like, when should a friend become more than a friend?
The thing is, if you make them more than a friend, can the break up leave you not wanting to talk to them anymore? Can it possibly leave this layer of awkward that is just unexplainable tension between the two?
But then again, if you don't make them more than friends, they might find someone else and my chance will be lost. Not only that but, what if they're "the one"?

I don't really believe in 'the one' crap. Some people are compatible and others aren't. There is no 'the one'. no-one will be able to completely understand you unless they seen everything you've seen and yeah, now I'm rambling. Point is that its so unlikely for you to find someone completely perfect for you, there is no point looking for them. My theory is if you can find someone 80% perfect and the 20% thats not perfect is tolerable then, that's a good match.

Anyway, I've spent enough time on this computer and its time for bed :P (well it was time for bed last night but I'm finishing the post now)
bye

1 comment:

  1. I don't know the answer to your question as I only tell people I like them when
    a. one of us is about to die
    b. im moving and will never see them again anyway, if it doesn't go well

    But you can have my shrink's number if you want it.

    ReplyDelete