Monday, November 1, 2010

An update and some philosophy

So lately a lot of stuff has been going on. Just to name a few things since last time I posted:
1. I broke up with Samantha
2. I've been studying for exams
3. I've done my english exam
4. I won an award for my film called "The Tart" (Best sound in Monash film festival)
5. My film got into BUFTA which is a national film festival
6. I have procrastinated....A LOT
7. I've got a bit obsessed with Magic the Gathering again
8. Chime choir has happened again :)

I'm love to ramble on about all of these but I'm gonna keep it short. Right so here goes:

1. Yes I broke up with Samantha. No, I don't remember the exact day. Does it really matter? Probably not. What happened? In a way, I'm still wondering. She basically said that she never really knew what love was and that she was lying to herself by saying she loved me. She asked if we could just be friends. Yes it hurt, but it was strangely liberating. When we broke it off I didn't feel too bad as all I had felt was pain and hurt because she kept me away. When she basically said Lets just be friends the pain and hurt kinda melted away has I didn't have to go through it because she was my girlfriend. It was very strange. Though I must have been in denial as the pain and hurt came back later and told me I still wanted her....
Since then I've moved on.

2.I've been studying for exams. English was great, but I haven't been studying much for Lit and its NOT GOOD.... Time just seems to float by.

3.English was good. Challenging but managable. Had a good talk with Mr. Bowen before it though. Apparently he wasn't good at school and it wasn only his year in the army that made him 'click' and become who he is today. Fascinating story.

4.What more to say but WOOHOO! Wish I'd spent more time on it though. It could have been better.

5. Free trip to Queensland to BOND Uni on the gold coast :) Shame it's on the tail end of schoolies, but whatever I'm GOING TO QUEENSLAND AND ITS ALL FREE :)

6.Procrastination leads to me being really proactive. I've moved all the bricks from the front lawn to the backyard. I've created about 8 or 9 pokemon. I've come up with new animation ideas and created about 6 magic decks out of the cards already published and 10 magic cards i designed. I've made a song on audicity using just my voice. In fact I seem to have done everything BUT study so eeerrgh.

7. Magic obsessed. It happens when I'm stressed about something I'm trying to avoid.

8. Woot Chime choir. Sitting in a room filled with great singers and nice people. It's really fun. Makes me seriously consider a career as a singer.

That's my brief update. I'll leave you all with something deep to think about.

How does one attain Wisdom?

The Pearls of Wisdom is a phrase I have heard somewhere, and so I have divided up the gaining of wisdom into 4 'Pearls', which, once aquired, will make you wiser.

Pearl 1: Wariness
The ability to see a situationand all your options that you can use to respond to the situation. You must also be wary of those around you and their options and how your actions may affect them.

Pearl 2: Limit
The ability to know your limitations and full potential as well as the potential and limits of those around you.

Pearl 3: Restraint
The ability to provide the right amount of a certain solution in order to fix a problem properly.
You must know how much power/pressure to apply or how much you must praise/uphold a person or situation in order to fix or relieve a problem.

Pearl 4: Value
The ability to weigh up your options and what you have in order to determine what is worth the most and what matters to you.

Remember, Wisdom is subjective, and is mostly achieved through constant trials, the ability to self reflect and self analyse and common sense. However we can learn and become wise through others and their experiences, so it doesn't take a life time in order to become wise enough to live a good life. Though a little extra wisdom never goes astry.

Speaking of which in regards to exams I must be more wary of my lack of knowledge and writing speed and more wary of the approaching exam. I must realise my potential to do well and restrain myself from procrastination. I do this because I value my own success.

No comments:

Post a Comment