Sunday, February 20, 2011

When people say I love god, i say:

I was reading facebook recently and someone's post ended in "I love God!"
As per usual this got me thinking.
This is what I love:

I love the freedom to believe what I want to believe.

I love the freedom to find what I think is right and to follow it how I wish.

I love to be able to learn from others and form my own opinion of what is right and wrong.

I love questioning people about their beliefs and trying to get them to think about their spiritual position. (I don't do this in the hope of converting anyone, but rather to help them realise their own beliefs)

I love the feel of existing and the journey that is to find myself spiritually, emotionally and mentally.

I love being sure of something and finding things I consider true.

I love feeling the support of whatever I feel is out there. I feel that I'm part of it and I feel it supports everything, including me.

I love being able to decide that if I there is a god, i don't think it loves anything, nor feels such specific emotions. I also love the fact that I can come up with other theories, like an infinite source of everything which naturally creates and destroys things at random. If a god did exist, it'd have to be able to somewhat control the infinite source of everything, or at least harness it.

I like being able to consider alternate religions and being able to see the good in what a lot of people try to do with religion.

I love appreciating the world I live in and regardless of its origin(whether it was created or it just happened) I'm thankful I live in such a naturally beautiful world.

I love the fact that everyone is different and there is so much variation.

I love that certain people are similar and have things in common.

I love that the world is so complicated and detailed and yet I also love the simple things.

I love the ability to touch, smell, taste, hear and see all things (from a pile of dog shit to the most beautiful things in life)

I love the fact that good and evil are based upon perspective and that there are lots of shades of grey.

I love being about to feel emotions.

I love the people in my life.

I love being able to control myself and tolerate others.

I love being able to develop and change and be able to try and become the person I want to be.

I love that I can learn from my mistakes and hardship and the mistakes and hardship of others.

I love feeling satisfied.

I love the ability to love things.

I love the fact that I have been given both faults and talents.

I love the fact I'm not perfect, but I can strive to become better.

I love being able to think and to dream and to get caught up in my own thoughts.

Sometimes I love being able to do nothing and know that despite the fact I'm not doing anything, everything will be okay.

And you know what? I love being me and for the most part, I love who I am. (I don't really care if you don't like me the way I am, because a simple fact of life is that not everyone can get along)

Feeling pretty calm and peaceful,
Regards,
Jonathan

1 comment:

  1. I love this post!
    I love that you are so open about what you think/feel/believe!
    oh and yes...
    I love God!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete