Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Poems and writing from my old 'Archive'

Okay, first off, I must explain that when I'm sitting at my desk, and I have a piece of paper and a pen in hand, stuff happens. I write poetry, or draw pictures or just rant all my feelings onto a page and all of this is placed in various places in my room. I keep most of it in one particular place in my room, and I cleaned that out yesterday to find a whole heap of old work. Hence I am uploading some of it on my blog.


How long

How long, how long,
How long must one wait,
Till they have waited long enough?

How much, how much,
How much must I think,
Till I have thought enough?

How sure, how sure,
How sure must I be?
To know these feeling are true?

And how, oh how,
Oh how can I tell?
Tell you, that I, love you?



What can I rely on? (a hypothetical rant)

What can I rely on? People? Partly. They change.
Knowledge? Partly. It can be wrong.
Technology? Partly. It breaks.
History? Partly. It can be disproven and is subject to interpretation.
God? Possibly... But these gods don't feel right. They want things from you. They want more from you than what they created you with.
The world? Mostly. Day and night continue, however the world is subject to humanity.
Nature? Mostly, if it is left alone. But it is never left alone.
Myself? Partly. My moments of weakness fail me.
What can I rely on?


Two conflicting forces

Two conflicting forces,
Are dueling inside me,
One for logic and wisdom,
The other, passionate liberty.

To face either,
Without the other,
Is to give into its power.

And yet to give in,
Would be comforting,
I'd feel better by the hour.

But a longer stretch of time,
A month? a week?
Will I be reconsidering,
What I seek?

Both these roads could lead,
To either hardship or riches,
and on the way,
Will I meet angels or witches?

But which ever road I take,
Which ever fighter wins,
Love will still be love,
And sins will still be sins.

1 comment: